Tuesday, March 10, 2015

My First 300 point Robotech Tactics Game.

This is also my first post in a long while. Like many I got in on the Robotech Kickstarter and after what felt like an eternity I finally got my piles and piles of plastic robot goodness. I'm still assembling it all and so I've been using proxies until I get my stuff ready, but I digress...

This was my first 300 point game but second real game of Robotech. UEDF vs Zentradi. The scenario was Pitched Battle with Head to Head deployment zones. It was a real meat grinder and came down to the wire at the very end.  As stated in the video, the first 2 rounds were pretty brutal. I lost 2 VF 1s closing in on the Zentraan Attack Squadron. I botched a chance to take out that squadron's commander when I activated my Destroids. The Zentran commander got a little overconfident and left his squadron commander open. Unfortunately for me, this meant sacrificing one of my VF 1 squadrons, but it was worth because it completely changed the game. The Zentradi Recon Squadron advanced more cautiously using the remnants of the Attack Squadron to finish off my VF1s. I split my Close Combat Squadron into two units and held the Defenders back while advancing with my Spartans. Unfortunately, the Zentradi player had learned and denied me any viable shot at his remaining commander... KKKKKKKKKKKKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK. (my friend's last name is Kirkley) Since scoring was done by entire squadrons eliminated. The end score was 2 - 1 even if I killed more of his guys. Lessons: If you're the UEDF player, focus on units that don't respawn and KILL THE COMMANDER! If you're the Zentradi player, don't get cocky, yeah you have numbers but if you slip up and leave your commander in a vulnerable position


Here's a brief video of some of the action.


No comments:

Post a Comment